- $30.00 an hour if I come to your location
- $25.00 an hour if student comes to my home
I accept cash or check, but I prefer to be paid online via my business paypal account. You do not need your own paypal account to pay me online.
Sign Up for Tutoring
Parents are advised by tutoring agencies and online tutoring listings to expect to pay $10 to $15 per hour for a high school student and up to $75 per hour for a certified teacher with experience.
*Note: My prices are subject to change; however, once you sign a contract, you are locked into the rate listed in your contract, and you will be unaffected by any increase in my listed pay rate.
I work both with clients who would like long-term tutoring as well as those who just need one or a few sessions. I only tutor 6th/7th grade math, pre-algebra, and algebra I.
Clients needing only one or a few sessions:
Please provide your goal(s) for the session(s) whether it be help with a specific assignment or a goal to learn a particular math concept.
Potential Long-Term Clients:
- Schedule an initial meet and greet meeting. (If the student is a child, the meet and greet is with both the parent and the child.)
- If we determine to move forward, I will email my contract, payment policy, and student information sheet. All three documents must be filled out before I begin tutoring sessions. The policies page on this website goes over the contract content.
- I will hold tutoring sessions 1-3 times a week, depending on the needs of the client until my services are no longer required.
Meet and Greet: The meet and greet, a free informal meeting, allows me to sit down with the potential client and discuss goals, my policies, payment plan, and my approach. I also will walk the student through a quick math task. If the student is a child, the parent needs to be present for this meeting. At the end of this meeting, we will decide together whether I am the right tutor for you.
Sessions: During tutoring sessions, the student should come prepared either with a homework assignment to work on or notes/concepts learned in class that week. You must take notes in class, so I can easily determine the concept/skill you are working on. I will focus my tutoring to align with the class curriculum. Together at each session, we will work through a math concept you struggle with. If you have homework, we will work on it; if not, I will create sample problems to help you understand the notes/concepts taught that week.