- $30.00 an hour if I come to your location
- $25.00 an hour if student comes to my home
I accept cash or check, but I prefer to be paid online via my business paypal account. You do not need your own paypal account to pay me online.
Sign Up for Tutoring
Parents are advised by tutoring agencies and online tutoring listings to expect to pay $10 to $15 per hour for a high school student and up to $75 per hour for a certified teacher with experience.
*Note: My prices are subject to change; however, once you sign a contract, you are locked into the rate listed in your contract, and you will be unaffected by any increase in my listed pay rate.
I work both with clients who would like long-term tutoring as well as those who just need one or a few sessions. I work with grades 6th-adult.
Clients needing only one or a few sessions:
Please provide your goal(s) for the session(s) whether your goal be to complete a specific assignment or a goal to learn better grammar etc.
Potential Long-Term Clients:
- Schedule an initial meet and greet meeting. (If the student is a child, the meet and greet is with both the parent and the child.)
- If we determine to move forward, I will email my contract, payment policy, and student information sheet. All three documents must be filled out before I begin tutoring sessions. The policies page on this website goes over the contract content.
- I will hold tutoring sessions 1-3 times a week, depending on the needs of the client until my services are no longer required.
Meet and Greet: The meet and greet, a free informal meeting, allows me to sit down with the potential client and discuss goals, my policies, payment plan, and my approach. I also will walk the student through a quick writing task. If the student is a child, the parent needs to be present for this meeting. At the end of this meeting, we will decide together whether I am the right tutor for you.
First Sessions I use the first two sessions to assess the student's current strengths and weaknesses.
Sessions: After the assessments, I develop the first unit plan and provide a tutor folder for the student. The plan will outline the topics I will teach each visit and what homework tasks I may assign. Upon completion of a plan, the student will take a post assessment to evaluate whether he or she is ready to move on to a new unit.
As I work through the plan with the client, the plan can be put aside to work on homework for his/her English class, or it can be used in conjunction with current school work. Ultimately, the goal of the sessions is to improve grades and to improve skills, so I do not view these sessions as merely "homework help." Any time the client needs help with homework, I will gladly assist, but I am a teacher and a tutor and not just a homework helper.